Sunday, April 5, 2020

Drywall delivery

This is the final weekend to get ready for drywall. I had already installed the shower base and tub base in the two downstairs bathrooms. However, because they are acrylic they would make squeaking noises every-time you would stand in them or put any weight into them. This was making me crazy, so I researched how to fix this and apparently you need to set them in a bed of thin-set mortar as part of the install. Soooooo, I had to rip them both out, mix up some mortar and re-install. This sounds easier than the reality of it.

Here is the finished product... Not exciting, but totally solid and quiet with any movement.

Tub set in mortar base

Saturday morning, I received the Menards delivery ~200 sheets of drywall (8 and 12 ft'ers), plus 2 bunks of tongue-n-groove pine and one 20 ft i-joist.




Sunday, we hung this i-joist to be boxed in with shiplap barnwood to cover the duct work and load bearing center beam.


No comments:

Post a Comment