Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Stenger Family Weekend - Let's do this!

Last weekend, we hosted the extended Stenger family - Al, Lori, Andy, Emily and Tessa. My mom joined us as well for good times had by all. The weather was nice and we had some big fun.

Here is a nice shot of "the fam" from the KI Cantina - enjoying some fresh margaritas and mojitos.

Stenger family at the KI Cantina

Earlier on Saturday, we stopped at the West Bay for food, drinks and to watch a band. 

Andy, me and Al - West Bay Inn

You know there is no way I can be on the island and not do some type of work on the cottage. I had a vacation day on Friday, so I got started bright and early with hanging some deck joists. Saturday morning, Uncle Al helped me out a little to get things squared-up. In the photo below, I think the joists are about 30% done.

Front deck - joists

Front deck

Saturday night, Bonnie brought out a Chinese lantern that everyone in the family signed with a Sharpie before launching it into the evening sky.

Chinese lantern

Sunday morning a light rain came and stayed all day. We had to pack-up the crew and get everyone on the ferry. I had to load up some of the unneeded deck material from Menard's that I ended up not using. For the record, returning material is a huge hassle at Menard's. I am considering just buying the rest of my stuff from Home Depot because they are easier to deal with, although the prices are slightly higher.

Next steps:
  • Finish deck joists!

No comments:

Post a Comment