Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4th of July

Finally we got some nice weather for the long holiday weekend. I headed up to the island on Thursday night to meet Bonnie and the kids.

I brought up Anna's queen bed that we got from Amie and Scott since they recently moved and bought a new one. This completes the set and is the last piece of major furniture needed other than a few small things here and there. I think her room looks great.

Anna's new bed

Here is photo of my baby girls being silly sisters.

Anna and Sophie - sister love

Saturday night (4th of July) we went out for some food and to see a band at the Caddy Shack, before going to watch the fireworks from the West Bay Inn.

Kids - Caddy Shack

Cottage progress continues, slowly but surely...

We (me and Winston) finished setting the back deck posts on Friday and let them set-up overnight while we started on the front beam installation.

Front deck beams started

Saturday, Winston helped me with the side deck beams. Then on Sunday and Monday I finished hanging the the beams by myself. So far, so good.

Back deck beams done

Monday afternoon, Zig stopped by to fix a piece of cracked vinyl siding. Luckily, I had several spare pieces I was storing down in the crawlspace. Zig popped out the bad piece and replaced it in like 5 minutes! wow, big thanks Z!

Bob Cisar and Zig

Next weekend is the big "Stenger Family" weekend we have been planning for a while, so I think there will be more partying than work going on.

Next steps:
  • Start hanging deck joists

No comments:

Post a Comment