Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July

Long weekend with the family up on the island. After attending the Arnold's 4th of July party, we caught the last ferry (Friday night) at midnight! Bonnie and me had both vehicles loaded up with the kids and tons of stuff. Now ready for the long weekend...

Me and my boy

I really wanted to do something different for the master bedroom headboard "feature" wall. I considered: painting (too easy), grass cloth (too expensive), pallet wood (too trendy). Anyway, I decided on a nice wood treatment using thin tongue-n-groove pine planking. I found a cool inexpensive product from Lowe's that I used for the installation. You can see the progress and finished wall below.

 Horizontal planked pine "feature wall" in the master bedroom

Yes, the painting continues. With the entire family at the cottage, I really couldn't get too much painting done because of the large mess. However, I was able to trim Anna's room along the corners and ceiling with the first coat. We chose a pale light green as the next selection in the beach palette for the entire cottage. So far, so good, every color looks cohesive with the rest of the other colors. This is a good thing.

Anna's room trimmed

LOOKING AHEAD

We are slowly, but steadily, approaching the final design phase of this cottage project. I can't wait to finally get to the fun part where we get to furnish, decorate, accessorize, etc. Bonnie and me have been thinking, planning, measuring, buying and waiting for this for years! Much more to come in future posts.

Next steps:
  • More painting
  • Build out a small deck to top the catch-basin
  • Buy the flooring

No comments:

Post a Comment