Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day on the island

We had another family packed weekend up on Kelleys. I did not spent nearly as much time as I normally do working on the cottage. However, I got to hang-out with the family a ton. We were able to borrow the Arnold's golf cart for the weekend. This was a big hit! The kids loved it and now, of course, it is all they talk about.

Golf cart time - look-out world! Anna is driving in the hood


On Saturday, after cutting-in and ducting-up the last cold air return, I started the long and tedious job of drywall taping and mudding.

Started the first coat of drywall mud

I know it will take some serious time to finish the drywall started last month. But when I began to mud, I realized that sheer amount of repetitive work involved. I will be lucky to be done with this mess by the end of the summer. whoa.

As soon as Anna and Sophie got a look at the 5 gallon bucket of joint compound (drywall mud) they had to get into the action.

Anna and Sophie working on filling the screw holes with mud

On Sunday, the family came up to celebrate Father's Day. We had a very nice day, good times and great food. It was tough leaving on Sunday night to head home while Bon and he kids stayed up for another few days.

Father's Day at the Cedar Cottage

Our anniversary is coming up this week on June 20th. Bon and I will be going up to stay at "Our House" for the first time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment