Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dumb ass!

SUNDAY
Late on Sunday, March 24th, wrapping up a long, cold, opening weekend on the rock, I stopped back the cottage to drop-off some stuff and lock-up. I was ahead of schedule and had about 45 minutes to relax before the ferry...

DUMB ASS
 
I inadvertantly LOCKED my car keys in my truck along with my phone!
 
PANIC-PANIC-PANIC
 
Clock ticking, wind blowing, no phone, no car keys!
 
TOTALLY SCREWED
 
Chris was home also wrapping up. After we tried to break-in to the truck with a coat hanger for 20 minutes, I was running out of time and options. The worst part was I could see my keys and phone through the driver side window, sitting upright in the console, just mocking me. Thank god, I was able to catch a ride home with Chris - big thanks.

MONDAY
Due to the limited ferry schedule there were few opportunities to get back to the island from Olmsted Twp and then back home again in a short time frame. Our first attempt was on Monday morning, leaving the house at 6:30 AM, in a snow storm, in an attempt to catch the 8:00 AM ferry. Of course this ferry was cancelled due to inclement weather. The trick is that you have NO WAY of knowing the ferry schedule because NOTHING IS EVER POSTED and they don't answer the phone until 30 minutes before the first scheduled boat run (in this case, 8:00 AM). The problem is that we live 1 1/2 hours east of the boat dock, so we had to travel one hour west before we could call for confirmation!

TUESDAY
Nothing.

WEDNESDAY
Finally made it up to the island on Wednesday morning and got things all squared away. Thanks Bon for driving up and back with me. Here is a photo of Bonnie (thankfully smiling!) during our extremely brief time on the island (1 hr total) to get my truck and phone and week back in order.

My baby
 
Needless to say, I will be getting a spare key made this week to prevent this type of non-sense from happening again.


No comments:

Post a Comment